“Pooh and his friends were given as gifts by author A. A. Milne to his son Christopher Robin Milne between 1920 and 1922. Pooh was purchased in London at Harrods for Christopher’s first birthday. Christopher later gave them to publisher E. P. Dutton, who in turn donated them to the New York Public Library.”
Oh my god. Oh my god.
This is them, guys. This is them. Got chills.
this makes me want to cry
1. Because a woman brought into this world will inevitably be given pepper spray “just in case.”
2. Because by sixteen, a young girl knows how to avoid being sexually assaulted, while a boy of the same age does not fear sexual assault in the slightest.
3. Because a girl who mocks men is a bitch, and a boy who mocks women is joking.
4. Because a girl who has sex is a slut, and a boy who has sex is a man.
5. Because in a murder, the killer is at fault, but the blame of rape is often put on the victim.
6. Because we teach girls how not to get raped instead of teaching anyone simply not to rape.
7. Because a woman should put more clothes on if her outfit makes a man uncomfortable, because his self control is her responsibility.
8. Because feminists just need to chill out.
9. Because a 22 year old sex-obsessed virgin can murder 7 people, and the problem is that someone should’ve just slept with him.
10. Because not all men are predators, but yes, all women are prey.
in the cut
If you’re reading this, chances are very high that your home has at least one — and maybe more! — magic appliance that produces clean water suitable for drinking. That’s one reason to avoid paying for bottled water.
Another reason? There’s a good chance the water you’re buying at the supermarket was bottled in California, a state currently enduring a severe drought.
(Images via MotherJones)
EVERYONE PLEASE AT LEAST TAKE A QUICK SECOND TO LOOK AT THIS
BECAUSE IT IS EFFECTING THE EXACT AREA I LIVE IN
Lots of people believe bottled water is safer and cleaner than tap water, when in reality there’s no evidence proving such a thing.
Penn & Teller’s Bullshit!: Bottled Water segment, gives a very good and thorough summary of the bottled water culture https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx6BX3HZJc
You want better water? Buy a Zero filter. SRSLY. Stop buying bottled if possible. You need water with you? Get reusable acrylic or glass water bottles (wrapped in a silicon sleeve) and fill it up from your filter pitcher. SAVE MONEY, SAVE MY STATE
This is all incredibly important, some cities have as little as 60 -120 days left. Try using a refillable water container, and if you’re a California resident, make sure to report water waste in public spaces.
Me when bae finally texts back but I’m not sweating him no more
She’s so hot
BREAKING: DISNEYLAND NO LONGER HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
this place is called Lucky Puppy and its in Maybee Michigan and you should all go look and like their facebook page because it will 100% cheer you up forever
my dog stayed here there are tvs in the dogs’ rooms
I AM SO HAPPY
michigan is a good state
i love this so much
When I was like 8 my mom took sims away bc I made girls kiss lmao nice try mom I’m still gay
My name is not Annie. It’s Quvenzhané.
Quvenzhané Wallis (then age 9) correcting an AP Reporter who said she was “just going to call her Annie” instead of learning how to pronounce her name. Never forget. (via thechanelmuse)